BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just a Question?*

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/stargates/delphioracle.bmp

Hi everyone! Thought I would ask a simple ok maybe not so simple question. It's not required that you answer it is simply meant to make you think and possibly spark further conversation. OK..what kind of Witch are you or are you not a Witch at all??
Now here's why I ask I have been reading this wonderful book called The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft by Judika Illes..now I am sure you guys have either seen it or read it before and that's cool. Now my thoughts that I am expressing are not entirely based on issues brought up by this book..the book just got my wheels turning.
What I find intriguing in the book is the almost definite line drawn between Wicca and Witchcraft. I know some people consider Witchcraft a trade or tool and not a religion per se..and Wicca more of a Faith, but what about the other lines that are drawn. Traditional, or Kitchen Witch ..how about Domestic or Atheist Witch or the more controversial Christian Witch? Also what if you feel more closely identified with Mysticism or folk magic..are you still a Witch?
Now at times I consider myself more of an Oracle..the definition:

a source of wisdom: somebody or something considered to be a source of knowledge, wisdom, or prophecy
Now I say this not to be a braggart or put myself on a pedestal..it is because whether it be a family member, a close friend or a mere acquaintance I am the one they ask for advice (and not just everyday advice I have gotten random calls for ghost issues and psychic vampires..lol), they value my opinion and know I will be honest to a fault, but loving and will help them through every angle of the situation, but saying this am I still a Witch?
Now have I warped your mind??
 I consider myself a Domestic Witch my magical workings are fixed mostly on my family and home. My Gods/Goddess are mostly protective nurturing deities..my Patron Goddess is Ixchel a guardian of women and children with a fierce independent streak..lol..but I never stop learning and changing...hmmm...maybe that's the true definition of a Witch...lol..who knows. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment