BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Should I blog?*

Sometimes, I wonder if I should keep writing this blog. I started because I wanted to express my views regarding Religious intolerance, but there are only so many times you can say, "Hey, stop being a douchbag."
I love reading other people's blogs and even if I don't always comment on the blogs I follow I most definitely read them, and I am always impressed by the thoughts and ideas expressed in their writing. Everyone seems to be able to post multiple posts, sometimes multiple posts in one day and I can only seem to post once or twice a week. Part of that is because I question my decisions on what to write...the perfectionist in me thinks up multiple ideas and disregards those that might be a little to me...lol
I'm just a work at home Mom, I adore my three kids and I am crazy about my husband whom I shackled to my side when we were 15yrs old ;), I never finished high school and despite that I have voracious appetite for knowledge....and though I am very spiritual I feel like I don't necessarily belong with the more witchy among us.
Sigh...I don't know...but I do know I would miss having a place to be my annoying, dorky self that's all about me.

5 comments:

  1. "but I do know I would miss having a place to be my annoying, dorky self that's all about me."

    blog then. write it out. who cares if you only post once a week, or if its meaningful just to you? do it up. be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't write everyday; I write in spurts and then schedule as needed. Or, if maintaining your own blog is too much, I will gladly add you as an author on mine. I like reading your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katie!
    Mandy I respect and admire your intelligence so if you like reading my opinions I am touched..Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it feels right to you... then blog. I try to keep in mind that first and foremost, I am doing this for myself. I'm like you, I come up with plenty of ideas, but then question myself until I give up and write something more mainstream or nothing at all. I'm working on that. But I do this because I love to write, and it gives me an outlet to clear my head. So blog when you want to or feel the need to. Don't make it so ridged, and be sure you're doing this for you!

    Blessings,
    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete