BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pagan Pride?*

Soooo...first I want to say that the SanAntonioPaganPrideDay Committee did the absolute best job that they could. Saying that I was very disappointed. In a city as big as San Antonio I would think that there are more then 20-30 Pagans. The site was smaller then my kids elementary school Cafeteria..and it was in a questionable part of town. The only reason I am complaining is because it just shows a lack of "community" among Pagans and I had to drive damn near 30 mins away for a couple hippies and a few Goth kids. I know I maybe being silly and take things to personal, but I would have loved to have seen a big turn out..banners, ceremonies, hell even t-shirts being sold. I have seen more excitement at a Renaissance Faire.
On a positive note the SAPPD Committee were lovely and polite, all the vendors were professional and extremely talented and the belly dancers were something else ;) I might go again next year, and in the mean time, I will try to get people to go and see the dancers and vendors next year. You never know it might be a late bloomer...it might just need a little more sunshine and love for Pagan Pride to flourish.


No comments:

Post a Comment