BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just a little Mundane Venting*

Lately, I have this odd feeling of being a dieing breed in regards to being a Mom. OK...its like this I know, through blogs and the kids' school and even on some shows, that there are genuine Moms out there, but I also see this epidemic of spoiled "I come first" attitude among the Mothers I have come across. I always laughingly say I am a Nurturing Earth Mother...my kids are like flowers or trees I want to hold them close, shelter them and nurture them so they reach for the sky and can stand on their own.
When I discuss children with some Moms they just dismiss me as over-protective. Why because I don't let my children wander around the neighborhood...I'm sorry, but I don't trust everyone in the neighborhood, or maybe because I keep an eye on my kids grades and I teach them to respect people.
I get told, you have to put yourself first...ok, that's fine, but not to the point where I am sitting pretty with a new mani/pedi and my kids need new shoes or my kids miss out on projects or sports, orchestra,etc, just because I don't want to. This may seem like I am being a brat about Moms who take care of themselves or are feeling their independence, I'm not...it's whatever works for you, but I feel that if you want your kids to have manners, feel loved, flourish in school, you can't treat them like a part-time job. Don't half-ass your kids...their whole world begins and ends with their Mom and  we should relish in our role as Mother.
So since most Moms wish for sleep (me me*) here is a recipe for Sleep oil:
       2 drops of Rose oil
       1 drop of Jasmine oil
       1 drop of Camomile oil
Anoint the temples, neck, pulses of both wrists, soles of feet..for natural sleep (from The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott Cunningham)

So rest up Moms our work in never done.
Blessed Be*

No comments:

Post a Comment