BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Well....

The 25 Top Faith Blogs Contest on Circle of Moms is coming to an end on June 8th...one of my favorite blogs Confessions of a Pagan Soccormom currently holds first place...WooHoo! Mrs.B the writer for the blog has suffered some backlash, but has handled it with much class and integrity. I have high hopes that she will win and she has my continuing support.
Also...I started blogging to have a way to express myself...I am apart of a site called Circle of the Divine and I was posting in forum and adding comments, but felt somewhat restricted. Soon I found that I could not post at all or respond to any posts. I wrote to the site owner (who is super nice) and asked what was going on. I found out to day that her site has been marked abusive and she believes, she is not sure, but she thinks that I am the reason. My forum posts were articles posted on TheWildHunt, I was posting them and asking people to follow the stories on TheWildHunt. I am..well..upset about this, why is it ok when others are posting about, deities, and divination, or sabbats...but when I post about political news regarding Pagan rights, I cause the site to be considered abusive. I do not think this some "other" faith out to silence me, I think it was one of the other Pagans on the site not wanting me to bring forward proof that everything is not perfect within their tiny view of the world. We have to wake up people, we have to stand for our Religious freedom and equal treatment under the law. Just because you block me doesn't change that. Sites like TheWildHunt are there because there is a world outside are own Pagan community and they do not always understand us and can be cruel and vindictive. Closing your eyes does not make it go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment