BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shaking My Head*

Today, I was hoping not to get fired up...I was so wrong. I was reading an item regarding religion and I happened upon a comment by a supposedly "good" Christian...first let me say I do not hate any other faith. If your faith resonates with you and fills you such a sense of being...who am I to stop you. Anyways, she was saying how America was not founded for basically freedom of religion and then continued to say how the Puritans came her for freedom to worship. Do people not realize how stupid that sounds...I mean how hypocritical of you. How quickly "some" Christians forget their roots and lose their empathy. At one time Christanity was a minority religion and was banned from Rome. Once the ban was lifted, you would think compassion and empathy would be forefront in how you would deal with other faiths. When the Puritans fled from England in pursuit of the freedom to worship in their own way...you would think them and the generations that would follow would understand that need to worship and follow your own spiritual path. The hypocritical nature of this just leaves me flabbergasted. You can not justify hating another faith by denying them what our own forefathers seeked in coming to America..freedom to believe and praise God in their fashion and not be persecuted for their faith. May be all find the strength not to forget that we are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment