BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself. *Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology*
(http://www.lexiyoga.com/indian-beauty-secrets)

Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Solstice*

Summer Solstice one of my favorite holidays! This day holds special joy for me as it is on this day my husband and I were married. It was wonderful and I am even more in love with him now then I was then. Okay enough mushy stuff...lol We celebrate in a maybe not so Wiccan traditional way...the kids are going to make jello in orange, yellow and red. We will have fruit in season of course and spicy foods and since we're in Texas there is plenty of spicy foods. Also the kids (and me ^_^) will run through the sprinkler. Later on we will talk about what the day represents and give thanks for the earth's bounty. I do not do magick on Summer Solstice, because for me it represents all things coming to its' own and it's about love and joy...so these are what I celebrate love and joy and I can think of no better way to do that then to hang out with my kids and give my hubby some well deserved kisses. Have a Happy Solstice everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment